1. Hold hands … a lot.
2. Never yell at one another unless the house is on fire.
3. If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your spouse.
4. If you have to criticize, do it rarely and lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes from the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep mad.
8. At least once a day compliment your spouse.
9. When you’ve done wrong, admit it and ask for forgiveness.
11. Never be angry at the same time.
12. Be your spouse’s biggest fan.
(Source: Stronger marriages with Trey and Leah)
The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” …But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So, the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man…That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. (Genesis 2:18, 20b, 21-22, 24)